Your Ad Here

Monday, August 9

Tune In and Tune Out Tuesday - Twice Dead

In the recent months, I have taken to reading more and reading for less. This means I am either paying nothing for the books I am reading, or paying a very small price for the books I am reading. 
In doing that, I figured I would share the books I read with you. I am not here to down grade a book or give books a bad review. It's just not my "cup of tea". I would just prefer not to mention it.

So today, I would like to share on of the first books I read this summer. I did pay for this one, primarily because I know who the story is about and because the price was discounted and cheap. The book I speak of is "Twice Dead, The True Death and Life Story of Roman Gutierrez" by David J.Drum.

Firstly, I am happy to say that it was an easy read. My husband read the book in two days and I read it in three. It would have been shorter but I have so many things to do.
With approximately 108 pages, you can't go wrong. 

I was interested in reading the book because I had personally heard Pastor Roman Gutierrez speak in 2006 at my church in Rotherhithe, South London,  (This is why I call him Pastor, this is how he was introduced to the congregation and he also has his own congregation here in the USA), and I wanted to see how the book panned out.
 The book gave more detail then the initial testimony I had heard back in 2006 and was just as powerful. 

Without giving too much away, Pastor Roman was pronounced dead twice by the time he had turned 19. But this didn't change the way he lived his life. It was not until June 13th 1995, when he was 25 did he give his life to Christ.
It was at the age of 12, when his father died of an overdose, did he shake his fist at God and began to shoot heroine also. At the age of 15 he was pronounced dead after 5 or 6 mins without a heartbeat ( I wont tell you why) and then again at 19. At 21, his mother wished him dead and basically told him she regretted giving birth to him

Pastor Roman, doesn't glorify his mistakes. He shares them so that people in his former situation know that they have the power to make better decisions. "Way before he was declared twice on paper, he was already dead inside". Drum explains.

I have never done or been through what he has. But the book inspired me to do better. It made me so much more grateful for the small things I have. His story lets you know that with God, where you start off in life doesn't have to be where you end your life.

Give the book a read and when you're done, pass it on to someone, even a teen can read it and be inspired. 
For more information go to Twice Dead Ministries

Here is a short clip of Pastor Roman giving his testimony. 
 
Feel free to share

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Blog Archive